Sandwiches

I'm not a big fan of sandwiches of the white sandwich bread and cold cuts variety. I basically never eat stuff like that.

But that doesn't mean I don't eat sandwiches ever.

If you count tacos, burritos and stuffed pita bread as sandwiches, I absolutely eat those.

I eat bacon-egg-cheese breakfast biscuits and variations on it, like croissants instead of a biscuit.

When I had a corporate job, I frequently had a sandwich for lunch consisting of ciabatta bread, grilled chicken breast, lettuce and sliced bell peppers.

When I get a whole rotisserie chicken to share with my sons, it's not uncommon to also pick up fresh French bread. When we do that, I get an end of the load stuffed with chicken breast as my first serving of food because the bread is a convenient means to hold the food.

I don't do cold cuts on white bread because neither meets my needs for high quality, nutrient dense foods. I do better with very fresh breads, unleavened bread or things leavened with something other than yeast.

If the ingredients are fresh and nutritious enough, sandwiches are a convenient meal you can hold in your hand and consume without utensils. When I can arrange fresh, quality ingredients, I have no objections to that.

Popular Posts