CF Notes
Let me suggest setting up a food delivery service.
Send the right foods, such as Celtic sea salt, corn based foods, potato based foods, ghee made from organic butter. Kalamata bread and cream cheese or ghee depending on if they are lactose intolerant, aloe Vera drinks if they have cfrd.
Corn is less acidic than wheat. I have to limit wheat. I don't have to limit corn or potatoes.
I eat sandwiches made with potato bread sometimes.
That's popular in Ireland. My maiden name is Irish and the Irish have the most families with two or more members with CF.
Start where you are, refine it over time. A list of "cf kosher" foods they can choose from would be nice. But just start. Progress not perfection.
I live in t-shirts and throw them out when they get too dirty. When I had a cyst on my back open and bleed, I changed my shirt daily like changing a bandage. And threw the blood and pus soaked t-shirts in the trash.
Consider making free t-shirts available so they can afford to do the same.
I eat cheetos, pretzels, lays or ruffles brand potato chips because they use the right oils.
Dry roasted nuts, though my son with CF eats no nuts. He probably has a nut allergy.
Organic peanut butter is good pituitary support and less inflammatory than other peanut butters. I don't eat it often.
Dark chocolate. It's less sweet and more medicinal.
Reese's cups are okay in moderation. My kids eat them a lot. I eat them occasionally.
Yorks are mostly peppermint with a little chocolate. Mint is lung support and it treats something, maybe legionella. I used so much mint I ended up allergic. I don't eat much mint these days.
Rice in moderation. It tends to contain arsenic IIRC. So I limit rice. Brown rice is better with blood sugar issues than white.
Ramen cups and prediced veggies are an easy meal no matter how sick you are if they will eat it it. I do. My son doesn't.
Celery is an alkaline super food. Mirepoix veggies -- diced onions, carrots and celery -- plus snow peas. Added to ramen it's really good, it's easy, and the peas make it higher protein while still vegetarian.
I eat semi vegetarian.
My favorite pizza is pineapple, onion and green peppers. I sometimes add pepperoni but that's not kosher. It contains pork.
Organic meats if possible. Grass-fed meat is less acidic than wheat fed meat.
Firsthand experience. I used to get Organic chicken sometimes or grassfed beef.
Give out recipes. My mashed potato recipe is from when I needed to get more salt in me and couldn't.
Flat breads without yeast. Die-off promotes yeast growth anyway. Yeast feeds on detritus. When killing stuff, limit yeast.
Baking soda for hot baths.
Celtic sea salt sells a variety for the bath. It's identical to the stuff for eating but less thoroughly cleaned. It tends to have sand and feathers in it. It's cheaper.
I took sea salt baths for a time regularly and then got super hot afterwards.
We are spongey. We soak things up through the skin better than average.
It's a way to get salt into someone even if they are throwing up and can't eat.
Salt and other minerals.
Coconut oil can be applied topically and absorbed through the skin. Salt and the right fats are 2 parts of the trifecta. Then you just need to get the right carbs in them.
It promotes diarrhea and I once coughed up so much mucus I felt like I couldn't breathe. You need to push hard enough for progress, not so hard you kill them.
I spent a period of months in Fresno while homeless "puking up a lung." Having so much crud come out my lungs it feels and looks like vomiting.
My sister used to get bronchitis regularly. She said once "I'm at that point I'm only throwing up that foamy white stuff." I had no idea what she was talking about.
It probably wasn't vomit. It was probably from her lungs. I didn't know that until I began puking up a lung while homeless in Fresno. So I'm probably not the only person who vomits and brings up stuff from my lungs and has trouble telling the difference.
I did lung clearance when I my eyes and nose began water profusely. During that time, it was like an overflow valve.
EENT is a specialty because all that stuff interconnects.
I couldn't sleep through the night without doing lung clearance one or more times in a field in freezing weather. I would roll over and feel the sloshing in my lungs and my eyes would water and I would get up and do lung clearance.
My lung clearance method is on my health site.
Tea helps dry things up, but I have to wonder if that defacto slows the healing process. I drank tea to manage it during the day. At night, I just got up and did lung clearance one or more times a night until it eventually stopped.
If they are on a lot of drugs and coming off them because of this, give them bottles of co q 10. I took that every morning for like a couple of years or something and it's not cheap.
It's heart and lung support and repairs the waking sleep cycle of the brain.
Guafenisen, co q 10, I had a glyconutrient supplement, b vitamins as long as I was on motrin.
I took $300 a month worth of supplements and otc drugs. About $200 of that was co q 10 and a glyconutrient supplement.
It's probably ambrotose. I had to stop because they changed the formula and I'm allergic to shrimp.
If they tolerate it, that's what I needed daily for a time to not start deteriorating within 24 hours. It's why this piece exists:
It's got something else in it, not just glyconutrients. I had to find a second supplement with this other thing to get what I needed.
They had a dry formulation and it caused lung bleeds in children.
My similar solution with a different sugar isn't dry. If you get bleeds, give calcium.
I took calcium citrate. I don't remember what other calcium is bioavailable.
It's NOT calcium carbonate which is the most common chemical form of calcium supplement and about as useful as eating seashells.
Comments
Post a Comment