Cold Prep Beef Broccoli

My lastest recipe for cold prep Ramen Noodles is cold prep beef broccoli.

I bought my usual spicy vegetarian flavor of ramen and also have a beef flavor on the shelf for my next round of this. I bought broccoli florets in a bag, julienned carrots and some beef jerky.

I added water and salt to my ramen, put some julienned carrots in it and put more carrots plus jerky and broccoli on a plate. I tore the jerky into smaller pieces, broke the broccoli into small florets and tossed some of each into the soup.

I added more veggies and jerky as the cup got more empty.

I bought Jack Links brand beef jerky, Original flavor. They also have a Peppered flavor and a Teriyaki flavor which I may try with future iterations.

This was just really, really, good. I may be able to tweak it and find a variation I like better but, man, this hit the spot for me.

I'm thrilled because my previous favorite recipe uses legumes (snow peas) to add protein and I have to limit my consumption of legumes. Also, beef jerky tends to be a bit too chewy for me and tossing it in soup makes it a little softer.

I eat Asian food fairly often but I never really learned to cook it. I cannot tell you how happy this cold prep recipe makes me.

Popular Posts